Care Home Fees Advice

Home » Private Client Services » Care Home Fees Advice

Care Home Fees Advice

As the population of the UK ages, it is becoming increasingly important to consider your future, and especially the possibility of having to pay a contribution towards the cost of your accommodation and care. Currently, if you have assets of more than £23,250, you will need to pay the full cost of your care, although your home won’t be included in this if a partner or close relative still lives there. Any income is also taken into account.

Contact Us

Why do I need Brockbanks?

For obvious reasons, you may wish to consider protecting your assets when being assessed for care home fee contributions. This could be achieved by setting up a Trust, or by transferring a property between owners. However, there are strict rules on this, and if this is not carefully planned, then local authorities can claw back gifts of money or property

Our team of specialists are here to assist in all aspects of advice regarding your assets. Please contact us to arrange an appointment.