Care Home Fees Advice

Would your family home be at risk if you or a family member needed to go into care? Get expert care home advice and protect your family wealth for future generations, with help from Brockbanks.

As the population of the UK ages, it is becoming increasingly important to consider your future, and especially the possibility of having to pay a contribution towards the cost of your accommodation and care. Currently, if you have assets of more than £23,250, you will need to pay the full cost of your care, although your home won’t be included in this if a partner or close relative still lives there. Any income is also taken into account.

Thankfully, there are things you can do to protect your assets from care home fees.

Contact Us

Why do I need Brockbanks?

For obvious reasons, you may wish to consider protecting your assets when being assessed for care home fee contributions. This could be achieved by setting up a Trust, or by transferring a property between owners. However, there are strict rules on this, and if this is not carefully planned, then local authorities can claw back gifts of money or property.

Our team of specialists are here to provide tailored care home fees advice based on your current and future needs. Working with you, we will help you to make the right decisions when it comes to structuring your assets. Our aim is to reduce the impact on your wealth and finances, for the benefit of you and your family.