Cohabitation Agreements

Home » Pre and Post Nuptial Advice » Cohabitation Agreements

Cohabitation Agreements

As the law stands, the only solution for cohabiting couples who want legal protection should they split up is either to marry or enter a civil partnership, or to draw up a cohabitation agreement, otherwise known as a living together agreement. 

These agreements can be extremely useful by recording financial arrangements, or wishes relating to future childcare arrangements. They are also useful in avoiding disputes at a later date if the relationship does break down.

Contact Us

Why do I need Brockbanks?

resolution logo

If you want to make it even more likely that a court would uphold the agreement if you split up, it is best that the agreement is written up by a solicitor (who can also provide legal advice on it).

Our family team include Resolution members who are experts in family law and can assist in the  preparation of cohabitation agreements.


To download the Law Society Guide on setting up home with your partner, please click the button below

Download “Setting up home with your Partner” Law Society Guide 2014